Brilliance, Durability, Ease of Use, and Value. These are all the key features that professional detailers and enthusiasts look for in a boutique wax, but rarely will you find them all together in one package.
After exhaustive experimentation with dozens of high-end wax products on the market on some of the finest automobiles ever made, I came to the conclusion that if I wanted a wax that combined the best characteristics of all of these examples, then I would need to develop a formula myself.
But if I were to create a boutique wax that was to bare the name Esoteric, it would have to be developed around the cornerstones of Brilliance, Durability, Ease of Use, and Value.
- Brilliance: Just about any wax can add a shine, but the finest examples add a brilliance, or glow, that make the vehicle stand out in a crowd. The wax needs to have the ability to add this brilliance to either an un-polished car, or one that has been polished to perfection.
- Durability: Durability with most carnauba waxes is typically pretty low. On daily drivers, your normal durability is limited to about a month or so. Given that, the Esoteric wax would need to be more like a sealant...with 4-6 months of protection!
- Ease of Use: Too many boutique waxes have very high learning curves in their application, and if you don't get it just right, you can go from shine to streaky, hazy mess in less than a day! Most people give up on their new wax after one trial if it's either too hard to apply, too difficult to remove, or gets streaky / hazy after a day. The development process would have to ensure that the wax is (ridiculously) easy on and off, with no streaking or hazing regardless of the weather or humidity.
- Value: As educated consumers, we're always looking to get the most performance out of our products relative to the amount we pay. So if we could develop the Esoteric wax that provides Brilliance, Durability, and Ease of Use for a price considerably less than the traditional boutique waxes that easily run from $300 - $3,000 (and beyond!), then we would be able to offer one of the highest levels of value in the market! And if we develop a wax that offers all 3 key elements (brilliance, durability, and ease of use) in comparison to more expensive products that only offer one or two, then the value grows exponentially.
The Development and Manufacturing Process with POLISHANGEL® of Germany!
To achieve my design, development, and manufacturing goals for the Esoteric wax, I knew that I would need a partner who would put the same level of care, dedication, and integrity into the product that I would. Having worked with POLISHANGEL® in Germany (a small firm designing and manufacuring a very unique line of boutique detailing products), I was confident in their skills, knowledge, and willingness to approach such a project with open minds to develop a wax that is truly unique in the industry.
After establishing our goals to create a boutique-level wax with the cornerstones of Brilliance, Durability, Ease of Use, and Value, we proceeded with testing and development, and ultimately came up with a winning liquid formula. We are confident that you will find it to be as good as we do!
So now, I am happy to introduce to you the very first premium detailing product to bear my company's name: the Esoteric Signature Series Wax by POLISHANGEL®.
Hand-made at the POLISHANGEL® labs in Germany, the Esoteric Signature Series Wax is made in small batches to ensure top-level quality, then shipped to the Esoteric headquarters in New Albany, Ohio where it will be distributed throughout North America. POLISHANGEL® will manage the sales for the rest of the global market either directly, or through their network of international distributors.
Because the Esoteric Signature Series Wax was designed specifically for ease of use, the application and removal process couldn't be any easier!
- Wash and dry the vehicle. Avoid using automotive shampoos with waxes and / or gloss enhancers as they can interfere with bonding, which in turn can effect durability.
- Shake bottle well before using.
- Apply just two or three small drops of the liquid wax to your soft, foam applicator. A little goes a long, long way so don't over-apply!
- Gently apply to the surface in a thin, even layer with slightly overlapping strokes.
- After about 20 minutes, the wax is ready for removal with a soft, clean, microfiber towel. This process is very easy!
- If you want to increase gloss, beading, and durability, apply a second coat after the first has had 24 hours to cure.
- The Esoteric Signature Series Wax can also be applied by machine on a Dual Action (not rotary) buffer. Just use a very soft finishing pad (blue or red), on speed 1 or 2.
Now that your prized possession is looking its best, and is protected with a fresh coat of the Esoteric Signature Series Wax...go out and enjoy it (and make your friends jealous in the process)!